In case you haven’t been paying attention, the last several months have been a whirlwind of political activity with mudslinging reaching new depths.
I kept pondering, “How much can the Body of Christ change through prayer, and how much cannot be changed because we are nearing the end of the age?” Four days ago the Lord directed me to Matthew 24.
- Based on the description of the last-day events, it appears we are still in the season of “birth pains” as described in verses 4-7.
- Because we have seen the fulfillment of several of the indicators, keeping with the birth analogy, we have moved into the transition stage of birth which is a very intense time of labor just before the birth in verses 9-14.
- While persecution and martyrdom are part of the end-time package, it won’t affect the entire body of Christ. (vs 9)
Here is the exciting part!
Then I read verse 14 and everything became clear. “And this gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the WHOLE WORLD as a testimony to all nations and then the end will come.
4. The end of the age cannot be over because this scripture has not been fulfilled. Until the whole world has a chance to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, this era cannot come to and end.
5. In 1 Timothy 2:2, we are to pray for our leaders that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life and that the Gospel will go forth unhindered.
6. The propaganda and hate against the church increased under the Obama administration and threatens to grow even worse under the Clinton administration. The church’s best days lie just ahead. No man is big enough to stop Gods plan.
7. Some would ask, “If evil is going to take over, what then should we be doing?” According to verse 45-46, we should continue with all the forms of good we are already engaged in. We must continue until Jesus returns.
In this last week before the election, we will see the undoing of the Clinton machine. Why? For the sake of the Gospel. As we pray 1 Timothy 2:2, we will see the mercy of God upon our nation because his ways are higher than our ways.